Sunday was such a beautiful day in Sydney. The kind of glorious day where it seems outrageous to be inside the house when you can enjoy being at the beach, a park, or anywhere in nature instead.
So I took the husband, my iPad, a picnic rug, coffee and a box of cinnamon donuts to our local parkland to spend the afternoon reading.
I’d heard lots of people mention how life changing this book was for them. I’m typically sceptical when people put that much pressure on a book; it is after all…a book.
Pressfield talks about the journey from amateur to going profesh and unpacks the differences in mindset and actions between the two.
He delves into the choices we need to make in order to carve out space and time to create and do the work.
To “become who we always were but had, until then, been afraid to embrace and live out.”
My favourite line:
“The amateur tweets. The pro works.”
The amateur allows themselves to be engrossed in social media, whereas the pro will not be distracted.
Does the former sound familiar? Like anyone you know? (Sure as heck sounded like me…)
Last week I wrote about how I quit the internet and removed all social media apps from my iPhone.
I haven’t gone as far as to shut down all of my social media accounts because I don’t feel that’s necessary.
I’m not anti-Mark Zuckerberg. We’re buds.
Social media provides us as businesses with a platform to share our message and connect with people who need to hear what we’ve got to say…
But staying there for too long, scrolling through the newsfeed and getting caught up in the drama is not productive.
How many times have you intended to “quickly check Facebook” but ended up wasting an hour instead?
What do you expect to see each time you check that notification?
In this week’s YouTube video I show you how to pre-schedule your social media posts using Hootsuite.
Hootsuite is a social media scheduling tool that allows you to post to your social media accounts, without having to log into Facebook or your other accounts each time.
And they’ve even got a forever-free plan to get you started.
Think of the time you’ll save…and the joy of not having to run through the newsfeed gauntlet-of-theatrics.
Check out the video.
I’ve updated my Social Media Checklist. In it, I show you up to correctly set yourself up on social media so you can use it strategically as a business tool (not to keep up with the Kardashians).
You can grab that by clicking here.
Check it out the video and checklist and let me know what you think.
- How to stay focused on your goals (so you can actually achieve them!) -
- Squarespace Vs WordPress Review ( WordPress or Squarespace for your website? A break down of the 2) -
- Video marketing for businesses | Project Vayner 068 -
- How to set goals 2020 | Business Goal setting process – Plan with me -
- How to create a social media content calendar (for 2020) -
- Social media tools – My top tools for managing and creating social media content -
- How to Create Mini Clips from your Facebook Livestream -
- Top 3 Social Media Tips: How to create social media content and posts -
- How to embed Facebook Videos -
- How to repurpose your Facebook Live content for social media -